FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Sergeant Brian McGregor
Office: (504) 712-2252
KENNER- Active Shooter Training at the Esplanade Mall
Kenner - The Kenner Police Department partnered with the Esplanade Mall is sponsoring a Full Scale Active Shooter Exercise at the Esplanade Mall on Tuesday, September 3, 2013; beginning at 10:00 p.m.
Responders will address several “Active Shooters” situations inside the Esplanade Mall. There may be loud noises such as simulated gunfire, sirens, and screaming heard in the area. This is just a training exercise. There will be a number of emergency response vehicles in the area. The response will include an integrated response from the below listed agencies. In addition to addressing the Active Shooter threat, law enforcement responders will also have to coordinate with medical responders to provide aid to victims.
This exercise will provide regional first-responder participants with an opportunity to assess capabilities, plans, policies, and procedures. It will focus on decision-making, coordination, and integration with multiple organizations during an Active Shooter event. The expected outcome of the exercise is to successfully integrate a multi-agency response to such an event and to strengthen interagency coordination.
The following agencies and organizations will participate in the exercise:
· City of Kenner Police Department
· Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office
· Louisiana State Police
· Federal Bureau of Investigations
· East Jefferson General Hospital Emergency Medical Services
· City of Kenner Fire Department
· City of Kenner Office of Emergency Management
· G4S Security
· Esplanade Mall (Retail participant)
· Target (Retail participant)
· The Renegades (for crisis & emergency scenario enactment)
Kenner Police Department website: http://www.kennerpd.com